Champagne Sweet Tea
August 17, 2016
The Deep South beverage just got a metropolitan makeover.
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Yields: 12-20 servings
11. In a small sauce pan, bring sparkling wine to a boil.
22. Add sugar and 1/2 cup Purveyors Kitchen Apricot Moscato Spread. Boil and reduce on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
33. Turn off the heat, add sliced lemon and mint. Cover and allow to steep for five minutes.
44. Strain syrup into a small mason jar or squeeze bottle.
55. To make sweet tea: fill a cup with ice to the brim. Add strong brewed black tea. Sweeten to taste with syrup. Keep unused syrup in fridge for up to a month.
Got leftover sweet tea syrup? Drizzle over pound cake, fresh berries or into club soda for a splash of summer flavor.