Eco Delight Coffee Rubbed Steak
July 29, 2016
World class coffee and a handful of spices make for a memorable serving of red meat.
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Yields: 4-8 servings
11. Place coffee, salt, brown sugar, chili, onion and garlic powders and dried oregano in a small coffee or spice mill. Blitz until a fine powder is achieved.
22. Rub spice mix liberally over your steaks, both sides. Allow steaks to marinate in spice blend at room temperature for at least half an hour.
33. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and carefully place steaks in pan once it begins to smoke. Cook to desired temperature, about five minutes each side for medium rare.
44. Remove from pan and allow to rest on cooling rack for at least ten minutes.
55. Slice steak against the grain and serve.
This spice rub works on every cut of beef, chicken, pork or lamb headed for the stovetop or grill.